Our host families provide a loving home for our wonderful kids
who come to the U.S. for surgery. The responsibility is great, and so are the rewards of seeing a
child’s life transform! If you are interested in hosting a child during his or her treatment, please
fill out the application below.
Questions & Answers:
Do we take the child to their doctor and hospital
Yes. You are responsible for providing transportation to and
Do we have to stay in the hospital with the
How long is the child’s stay in my home?
Depending on the child’s medical condition, his or her stay
may range from 6 to 12 weeks, or possibly longer.
What happens after I submit the Host Family
Once your paperwork is completed, we will conduct a home
study. A social worker will come to your house to meet with your family, and conduct interviews with
everyone who lives there. Our social worker will also ensure that your home is child-proofed and safe
for the child you will be hosting.
Please note, in order to be considered, we
- A Legal residence within 1.5 hours driving distance from our Burbank, CA office
- A Completed Host Family Application
- Three Personal References
- Statements regarding religious, discipline and smoking policies in your home
- Live Scan Background Checks for everyone over the age of 18 who resides in your home
- DMV Driving Records for everyone over the age of 18 who resides in your home.
- Certification on Completion of CPR and First Aid Training (no online certifications)
- Copy of your Driver's License
- Proof of car insurance
- Copy of your homeowners’ insurance policy
- Copy of your pet's vaccinations and Rabies certificate
- Picture of you and your family
Thank you for considering hosting one of our wonderful